Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

November is a BUSY month

I'm looking at my November calendar and it's already jam packed. In addition to the normal work and home things there is Thanksgiving and lots of other events. I'll be doing some traveling to conferences both as a attendee and panel member, plus attending a few things in the Atlanta area. If any of you are going to be at any of the following events I'd love to meet up and say hi.

Nov. 4 -6, 2008 Information Security Decisions - I'll be attending ISD in Chicago this year and am looking forward to it. I've been wanting to go since 2002 and it has never worked out until now. In my opinion TechTarget has some of the best seminars out there, especially when you consider that most of them are free of charge. I know that several of us are trying to plan a dinner on Tuesday the 4th so if you are going to be in town by then and want to join us let me know. Of courese there is also Wednesday dinner for any who want to get together then.

Nov. 12, 2008 The inagural meeting of the Atlanta Chapter of NAISG (National Information Security Group). I'm proud to be a founding member and on the advisory board for the Atlanta chapter. If you are in the Atlanta area we'd love to have you join us. I'll be posting more details soon.

Nov 17, 2008 CSI2008: Security Reconsidered - I'll be participating in a panel discussion titled "‘Why Information Security Should Evolve to Information Risk Management." Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the whole conference but I hope to have enough time to meet several people that I know via the internet but have not meet yet.

Nov 20, 2008 I'll be attending another TechTarget seminar in Atlanta. This one is on compliance and should prove to be interesting.

As I said, I'd love to meet any of you that will be at any of these events so just let me know.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.