Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I don't know what to say

I received an email tonight informing me that I have been named as on the The 59 Top Influencers in IT Security. I'm honored and surprised. I'm not sure that I really belong on this list, but it does validate my reasons for starting my blog. I wanted to have a place to voice my thoughts and opinions on Security and hopefully make a difference while doing so. It's good to know that someone thinks I have something worthwhile to say.

In spite of being honored to be named I want to make sure that one thing is perfectly clear. The post starts off with this quote

"Insecurity is indeed the Internet’s original sin, as blogger and security expert Andy Willingham, put it. That's why it pays to keep tabs on what some of the smartest and most influential IT Security professionals are talking and thinking about."
The post The Internets Original Sin is an RSnake post on darkreading.com. I did write about it a few days ago and added my comments and take on what RSnake said. I even made sure to link back to him. He had a really good post that spurred some thoughts of my own. I want to make sure that RSnake gets full credit for what he wrote. The last thing I want is to be accused of taking credit for the work of someone else.

1 comment:

Legit Freebies Guy said...

Congrats! You're very good at what you do. Keep it up!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.