Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sharing Security

Every now and then you run into something that you know is really going to be good. Something that is well worth the effort you put into it. I don't want to come across as being a "fanboy" but I've come to realize that the Security Catalyst Community is one of those things. We now have about 180 members that are in the community. They participate in forums and email threads that discuss various security related topics (and a couple that are just plain fun).

There are some really bright people involved in the community and they have some really great insights. We've attracted people form different countries and different disciplines in security. There are also people involved that are new to security and those that have been in it for many years. One of the best parts is that with all the big guns that are involved there are no big heads. There is a freedom to voice your ideas and opinions without fear of being ridiculed or made to feel like you are inferior.

Another huge benefit is the opportunity to network with others who share my passion for security. I've had the opportunity to interact with lots of people that live all over the country. I'm developing real friendships with some of them and with others I'm developing a professional relationship that will benefit me as I continue to practice security.

All that said I encourage you to check out the community and join in the discussion. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.