Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Monday, April 07, 2008

It was a cold, dark, rainy night.........

and you are home alone. All alone and very lonely. The only thing to keep you company is your computer and you internet connection to the world. Yet it seems that you are the only one alone on this night. No one want to chat. You have 4 different IM clients up and waiting. You are logged into 3 other chat rooms and still it's only you. You get more and more sad and life looks bleak. You pick up the TV remote and search the channels for something that you haven't already seen 3 times or an infomercial that you haven't already bought the product they are selling. Nothing. Tears start to well up in your eyes. Sleep won't come..........

Then all of a sudden a ray of hope appears on one of your IM windows. A MESSAGE!!!!!!!!! A REAL MESSAGE JUST FOR YOU!!!!!!!! You check the name and don't recognize it but still it's a message for you! So you anxiously start reading. Here is the text of the message:

(12:22:19 PM)
teencutie957435@real-cam-girls.net:
Hey! I thought you really enjoyy watching my F - R - E - E web camera :-* just visit 6d="" 36="" ojf=""
www.s%69%67%6E%75%70%36.%63%6F%6D/%67%69%72%6C%69%65%38%36/%69%6E%
klfpkklkkfjdkf64%65%78.html?????klu9987890Pleiades.luxfoatiii.dxbyn.fuchrbxuwho.diagramed
.lymphomata:?ojf
tell me what you think! :) x parcelled 5 alluvia 7 impanelling
lateralled chapelling oreades puj 80

A smile crosses your face as you hover the mouse over the link anxious to see what's on the other end of that web cam and maybe even chat with her. This is your lucky night.
_______________________________________________________________
Just how stupid do you have to be to actually click on a link in an IM from someone called teencutie957435 and when the link is as convoluted as that one is. Not to mention the garbage at the end of the message.

COME ON PEOPLE! USE YOUR HEAD! USE SOME COMMON SENSE!

Sorry, it just gets my goat to think that there are people who actually click on something so obviously wrong. I know it must work b/c they are still sending them out. I get 3 or 4 a week and NO I DON'T CLICK ON THEM. I type them in manually. :) Just kidding.

I know that none of you who read my blog would actually click on something like that and that I'm preaching to the choir but I had to get it off my chest.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.