Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Friday, January 25, 2008

Conferences and Speaking

Correction - The Birmingham InfraGard meeting is March 11, 2008 not the 4th.

One thing that I really enjoy doing is going to conferences and getting to meet others in IT and Security. Unfortunately I don't get to attend as many as I would like. There are a couple of events here in Atlanta that I'll be attending in the next few weeks that I hope will prove to be fruitful.

The first is SecureAtlanta 2008. This is an ISC2 event that takes place Feb 28th at Georgia Tech. The focus is on Computer forensics. It's pretty high level and is aimed at gaining a better understanding of the why's and legalities of digital forensics than the how to do it. If you are interested in going you can register here. It's free for ISC2 members and ISSA members get a reduced rate.

I'm also attending CSO Perspectives 2008 March 16-18 here in Atlanta. The nice people at CSO Executive Programs were kind enough to allow me to attend as Press. This is a conference that I'm really looking forward to.

Finally March 4th I'm speaking at the Birmingham InfraGard Chapter. I'll be talking about some of the challenges in my current position as Security Officer as well as about the Security Catalysts Community.

I'm hoping to make RSA this year but once again I have a few challenges that I have to overcome to get there. Maybe it will all work out.

If any of you are going to be at any of the events that I'll be at let me know. I'd love to get the chance to meet you.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.