Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Like You. I Just Don't Trust You

Here's a real world example of how trust can be misused from the most unlikely sources.

I received a phone call yesterday from a close friend who was VERY upset with her mother. It seems that she had trusted her mother with her MySpace username and Password for some reason. The mother was on it a few days back and was looking at some other profiles. There was one in particular of a girl who the mother isn't overly fond of and she left her a message under my friends name. Needless to say the message wasn't something that my friend would have said. Her mom did qualify by saying "(not friends name)" at the end but that hardly makes it any better.

You expect this from a kid but not from an adult.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.