Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Blogging Risks

SearchSecurity.com asks the question "Does blogging pose enterprise information security risks?
I think we all know the answer is a resounding, YES! As long as blogs are available to any and everyone (which they should be) then there will be someone who opens the door to the hen house either by mistake or on purpose. People know things that they shouldn't know and can't wait to tell others. Sometimes they don't realize that they are doing harm to their company, sometimes they do. I know myself that there have been times that I have written something and not posted it because after careful consideration I realized that it really wasn't anyones business outside of my company. Not to mention the old CYA kicks in and I realize that it could et me in trouble or cause undue heartache for my company. They have entrusted me with the "Keys to the kingdom" and I don't want to break that trust. I only wish that everyone else had that same frame of mind.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.