Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Logs and Blogs

One of the great things about blogging is that you have a topic that you want to comment on. You say what's on your mind and often someone else will pick it up and run with it. Sometimes what they have to say is in opposition to your point of view and sometimes it supports and builds upon it. That is what Martin McKeay does in his post about logs.  I wrote my post with the intent of illustrating how important it is to review your logs. He read it and then built up it by talking about some good ways to keep your logs somewhat manageable. It's kinda like having a conversation with another guy on your security team, except we get to share it with our millions thousands a few others who read our blogs. Now if I could just get him to fly to Georgia and set up my new log monitoring software so I don't have to do it myself.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.