Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Trouble waiting to happen?

Here is a really good idea that I'm afraid has the potential to go really bad. This is open source software that basically sets up a tor type network to allow people to anomalously connect to the web from countries that restrict what users can do on the internet. What scares me about this (I only know what I read so maybe I'm way off base) is that since it is open source it possible could be modified by someone with less than good intentions to do all sorts of bad things. Turning the machines that connect to the "bad" server into spam bots, infect them with trojans and other malware, decrypt the session and steal personal data. There is a long list of possibilities.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.