Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Monday, February 05, 2007

Project Completion

After several long, long weeks of 15 to 18 hour days and no weekends my network conversion project is finished. All in all it went pretty well. There were some problems along the way but nothing that couldn't be overcome quickly and mostly painlessly. Friday night and Saturday were long days because we closed at 2:00 pm Friday and then opened again on Saturday at 10:00 am. During that window we had to get everything done that we had not been able to do before hand. Things like replacing the drives on the PC's and finalize local network setup. The company that we were doing business with came in and pulled their drives and network equipment and left us with a mess to clean up. Much of that is still waiting to be done. After about 1:00 Pm Saturday things calmed down pretty much except for a couple of password resets.

I feel like a big monkey has been removed from my shoulders and I can finally relax. I reintroduced my self to my wife and 2 girls yesterday and we spent the whole day together. Today I'm going over my "punch list" and assigning tasks to my field tech. I may even go home a little early. :)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.