Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Black Belt Security

Since I've started blogging I've met lots of interesting people. Many of them I've bantered with on the blog, many of them I've traded emails and IM's with and a few of them I have developed a friendship with. Two of those are Mike Rothman and Michanel (Santa) Santarcangello. So I'm proud to pass along the good news that the two of them have teamed up to create the Security Education Network. You can read Rothmans release here.

I've known for a while that they were working on something together, but did not have any details. Now that the details are out and the announcement is official I'd like to say Congratulations to them and also encourage all of you to take a look at what they have to offer. I know that I will be an active participant in the SEN. I'll spend time in the lobby adding my 2 cents in and participate in Salons when I can.

I'm excited about the potential that this offers the security community. I know that as someone who has limited training money and time it is good to have other cost effective options beyond books and sub-par training CD's. I'm also excited about the opportunity to "fine tune" my skills on the "soft" side of security. Things that will help me advance my career outside of the technical field into becoming a Pragmatic CSO.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.