Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Friday, November 09, 2007

The Polls are Open!!!

I've decided to start my information security polls again. This one relates back to my last post on ethics and the information security professional.

When it comes to company security policies do you:
A. Follow all the rules
B. Have work arounds that are necessary and approved
C. Break the rules how ever I can
D. We have Security Policies?

I have no way of tracking who you are so you can answer honestly and truthfully (of course if you don't then are you really ethical?) :) Something to think about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make the rules :)

Anonymous said...

Ditto, Kees.

I came as the new CSO... found the current policy so bad, so anti-business and so restrictive that basically no one (including myself) would be able to follow it.

So I rewrote the policy to be more realistic and reflective of the business we're in.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.