Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Friday, October 13, 2006

They just don't understand

I've had a few posts where I've stated that I just don't understand. I don't understand why someone one do this or that, or not do something, or whatever. Now I've figured it out. It's not me. It's them. They just don't understand how serious security really is and how many bad things are out there just waiting for a chance to get into the network.

Just a little while ago one of our employees came to me and said that they had someone here that was trying to do a web demo but they couldn't access the Internet and wanted me to "fix" if for them. Then they looked at me like I was crazy when I told them no. I don't know this person or what kind, if any, of AV protection they have, what malware may be on their system or anything. Yet they honestly expected to just waltz in here and jump on the network.

I do feel better now. I was beginning to think that I was the problem.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.