Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Vacation Blues and a Salute to our Military

I've just about decided that vacation isn't worth it. You rush to get out of town. You rush around while you are gone. You get back at the last minute. Then when you get back to work you have tons of email and voicemail to sort through plus playing catch up on the work that wasn't done while you were gone. That's how it goes if you are lucky. I wasn't so lucky. I came back to a sick Exchange Server and a sick accounting server. Luckily neither of them seemed to be too bad. They are both back up and running. I don't know why I'm complaining it's kinda the norm. Last time I took more than a day off our Blackberry server crashed and our CIO had to rebuild it.

But all that said it was worth it because we went to visit my brother-in-law who is about to be deployed somewhere in the middle east. This is quiet possibly the last visit we will have with him until he returns in 18 months or so. We gave up our planned vacation next week to make the visit.

I'd appreciate it if all of you would keep him and the rest of our military men and women in your prayers while they are out serving our country so we can be free. When you get the chance tell them that you appreciate what they are doing for our Country.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.