Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Keeping Focused

Every now and then it's a good idea to go back to the basics. If we don't we are in danger of getting off track. There is a pretty good series on OSI security at serchnetworking.com called Securing the Stack. The reading isn't too heavy and it has some good points and tips. Each month they take a layer and talk about some common security flaws, exploits and tips that are relevant to that layer. If you are new to security this is a good place to start. I remember when I first got into IT and was working on my Novell certification as I started studying network fundamentals the OSI stuff just blew me away. I thought why in the world would anyone ever want or need to know this stuff. Now I can't get by without it.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.