Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Symantec Advisory Group

A few weeks ago I was asked to participate in a new Symantec Advisory Group. I wasn't too sure about it at first. I figured that they would just be looking for a "Yes Man" and I'm not that guy. As I looked into it I realized that they may hope to get some good press out of it but that wasn't required. They do want us to blog about it, but we can be honest about how we feel. We don't have to say anything good about Symantec. So I decided to join and put my two cents in. A couple of days later I was talking to another blogger and found out that he was also participating. Then today I checked the site and viewed the updated list of members. I couldn't help but smile. I'm not going to mention any names (I'll let them decide if they want to announce themselves), but Symantec isn't going to get a cake walk. I can't think of many bloggers that they could have chosen who will probably be more honest and open with them. I know that at least 3 of them (including myself) have openly blogged about their unhappiness with Symantec int the past. It should prove to be a entertaining ride and hopefully some good will come out of it for everyone.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.