Security's Everyman

Security's Everyman

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Something to think about

One of my favorite books is "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. I received a Page-A-Day desk calendar for Christmas that is based on this book. Today's page really caught my eye and I think that it is very applicable to the life of a Security Professional.

"Generals in the field must already be acquainted with all the sciences of warfare before they can command their own soldiers and assess battle formations."

We too must know security principles and what is out there that could bite us. If we don't then we will never be able to adequately protect or networks and users. It's Risk Management in a nut shell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hehe, I snagged the same calendar on the cheap at the bookstore after the new year. I've been putting up one or two here and there on my blog as well. I've long wanted to read the whole thing, but there are so many versions, I'd hate to get a newbish one off the bat that just massacres the virginal effect of it for me. Hehe, perhaps I will get around to it regardless sometime soon.

terminal23.net

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NC-SA 3.0.